We are proud to announce we have joined this movement. We work for some of Melbournes leading passive house builders with reach into rural Victoria and we see it as a great opportunity to be apart of something that ties into presence of a passive build. See below what everyone is talking about!!
“The twin crises of climate breakdown and biodiversity loss are the most serious issue of our time. Globally, buildings and construction play a major part, accounting for nearly 40% of energy-related carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions whilst also having a significant impact on our natural habitats.
The research and technology exist for us to begin that transformation now, but what has been lacking is collective will. Recognising this, we are committing to strengthen our working practices to create architecture and urbanism that has a more positive impact on the world around us.
As a member of the construction industry aware of the Climate & Biodiversity Emergency I pledge to:
- Raise awareness of the climate and biodiversity emergencies and the urgent need for action amongst our clients and supply chains.
- Advocate for faster change in our industry towards an improved standard of construction and more regenerative construction practices.
- Collaborate with professionals and policy makers within our industry to work towards improved environmental outcomes.
- Establish climate and biodiversity mitigation principles as the key measure of our industry’s success: demonstrated through awards, prizes, listings, & information sessions.
- Share knowledge and research to that end on an open source basis.
- Create buildings of a superior quality and performance, to meet the challenges of a low carbon future.
- Construct buildings that require minimal energy input to maintain a satisfactory internal living environment.
- Embrace the shift to low embodied carbon materials, and prioritising materials with minimal environmental impact more broadly.
- Implement on-site waste management and construction systems to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Incorporate ecologically sustainable development principles.”
Aligned Building, Sustainable Homes Melbourne, Granted Construction, Positive Footprints, Michael Limb Builders, Sanctum Homes, G-Lux Builders, RICCON Development & Construction, Green Building Institute, Crisp Green Homes
We hope that every building practice operating in Australia will join us in making this commitment.
Practices should sign through their CEO, Chairperson or appropriate Board Member, with the email address provided. Approval will be sought by email before the company name is added to the declaration.
If you are not a building practice or are based outside of Australia, please visit our global hub, Construction Declares here.
Please join this movement of construction industry professionals in taking this FREE pledge athttps://au.buildersdeclare.com/
Please join them and stay up to date via Social Media on the links below
Join their Facebook Group – https://bit.ly/2z8oEtT
Like their Facebook Page – https://bit.ly/2YwznbG
Jump their our Instagram – https://bit.ly/2Ywhvh1